What is tray in printer?
What is tray in printer?
Office printing needs can vary throughout the day, and multiple printer trays are a great time saver, allowing users to print to different paper sizes or types without needing to swap out printer stock.
How do I add a printer tray?
Enable the Additional Paper Tray in Printer Properties
- Click on the start button.
- Select “View Devices and Printers”.
- Right click on the printer icon, select “Printer Properties”.
- Select the “Printer” tab.
- In the “Printer Option Configuration” section of the dialogue, select how many trays have been installed.
Can you add an extra tray to a printer?
Click the Accessories tab and click Auto Detect. After Tray 2 has been detected, click Apply. – If Auto Detect does not detect the tray, you can manually add it. Under Available Options, select the tray, click Add and then Apply.
How do I change the default print tray?
Right-click on the printer, and then select [Properties] or [Printer Properties]. Click on the [Advanced] tab. Select [Printing Defaults]. Select the required output tray.
How do I change my printer to paper tray?
NOTE: The steps may differ depending on your application.
- From within your application, click File => Print.
- Click Properties.
- Click on the Basic tab.
- In the Paper Source dropdown choose the Tray that you want to print from.
- Click Apply => OK.
- Click OK or PRINT, depending on your application.
How do I set a default printer tray?
From the printer properties, change to the Paper tab and select Auto Selection from Paper Source option. Besides, in the MS Word’s Menu bar, click Tools > Option. Then choose the Printer tab. On the default paper tray option, choose Use Default Printer Setting.
How do I change printer tray settings?
To change the tray settings from the printer control panel:
- At the printer control panel, log in as administrator, then press the Home button.
- Touch Device > Paper Trays.
- Select a tray.
- To set the level of restriction on the paper tray, touch Tray Mode and select an option.
How do I setup a printer tray 2?
Open the printer software, and then enable printing from Tray 2.
- Search Windows for devices and printers, and then select it in the list of results.
- Right-click your printer, and then select Printing Preferences.
- Click the Paper/Quality tab.
- From the Paper Source drop-down menu, select Tray 2.
How do you load paper into a MFP?
For long paper, flip out the tray extension to support the paper. Press down on the tab on the right paper guide, and then spread the paper guides to the correct size. Load the paper into the tray. Make sure that the paper fits under the tabs and below the maximum-height indicators.
How to load a paper tray on a HP LaserJet?
Open Tray 1 by grasping the handles on the left and right side of the tray and pulling down. Slide out the tray extension. For long paper, flip out the tray extension to support the paper. Press down on the tab on the right paper guide, and then spread the paper guides to the correct size. Load the paper into the tray.
How to avoid Paper Jam in printer tray 1?
To avoid paper jams, never add or remove paper from Tray 1 during printing. Open Tray 1 by grasping the handles on the left and right side of the tray and pulling down. Slide out the tray extension. For long paper, flip out the tray extension to support the paper.
How many sheets of paper are in tray 1?
The following information describes how to load paper in Tray 1. This tray holds up to 100 sheets of 75 g/m2 paper. To avoid paper jams, never add or remove paper from Tray 1 during printing.