What is the best way to take horse chestnut?

July 7, 2020 Off By idswater

What is the best way to take horse chestnut?

When applied topically, extracts and creams usually contain 2% aescin and can be applied 3–4 times per day ( 2 , 30 ). Summary The beneficial dosage of horse chestnut seed extract appears to be 100–150 mg of aescin per day in supplement form and 3–4 daily applications of cream or extract when applied topically.

What should I do if I ate horse chestnut?

Raw horse chestnut seed, bark, flower, and leaf contain esculin and are unsafe to use. Signs of esculin poisoning include stomach upset, muscle twitching, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, depression, and paralysis. Seek immediate medical attention if you’ve accidentally consumed raw horse chestnut.

How long does horse chestnut take to work?

It may take up to 4 weeks before your symptoms improve. Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using horse chestnut.

Is it safe for dogs to eat horse chestnuts?

If your canine companion has eaten any part of the horse chestnut tree, contact your veterinarian for further treatment instructions. The toxic element of the horse chestnut tree is a neurotoxic glycoside called aesculin.

Can horse chestnut lower blood pressure?

Horse chestnut extract appears to impair the action of platelets (important components of blood clotting). It also inhibits a range of chemicals in the blood, including cyclo-oxygenase, lipoxygenase and a range of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. These effects result in reduced inflammation and reduced blood pressure.

Does horse chestnut lower blood pressure?

Can chestnuts be poisonous?

One thing we need to understand is that chestnuts are sweet and they are edible but conkers or horse chestnuts are poisonous, and they are not for eating purposes. Horse chestnuts may look very desirable to eat but it is toxic, and it can even cause paralysis.

What should I do if my dog eats a Conker?

Poisoning is not the only risk – these large nuts could cause a blockage in your dog’s intestines. Although fatalities in cases where dogs have consumed conkers are thankfully rare, it is still very serious, so if you suspect your dog has ingested conkers, please contact your vet immediately.