What is the UniFi app?
What is the UniFi app?
UniFi Network pairs with your UniFi OS Console to give you a central hub for monitoring and managing your network without any licensing fees. It can be accessed over the web (unifi.ui.com) or with the mobile app (iOS/Android).
Is Ubiquiti software free?
The Ubiquiti network management software can be installed on macOS, Windows, or Linux. This option is free, but you’ll be responsible for maintaining the hardware in this instance on top of keeping a computer/server on 24/7.
How do I download and install UniFi controller software?
- Download UniFi Network software for macOS.
- Run the installer.
- Launch the UniFi Network application.
- Open a shell connection with the UniFi Network host.
- Copy the download link for the UniFi Network software for Debian/Ubuntu Linux.
- Download the software.
- Install the software.
- Installation complete!
What is the use of UniFi?
The UniFi® Controller is a wireless network management software solution from Ubiquiti Networks™. It allows you to manage multiple wireless networks using a web browser. The Sample Network Diagram above illustrates an example of a single UniFi network.
How do I manage my Ubiquiti devices?
Add the UniFi Access devices
- Navigate to the Devices section and click Add Devices.
- Select the device(s) you would like to add. If your devices are wired correctly and powered on, you should see them on this page.
- Edit the details for the new devices:
- Click Add Devices to finish adding the devices.
Does Ubiquiti controller need to be running?
UniFi controller doesn’t even have to be running! You still have the option to choose WPA-Personal – just need to have a way to tell the guests the Passphrase. Recommendation: In Wireless Configuration, enable “Apply Access Policies”. In Settings-> Guest Control, enable Guest Portal and choose “No authentication”.
How do I connect my UniFi to my phone?
- Settings > More > Mobile networks/Cellular networks > Access point names OR Settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
- Add a new APN as unifi.
- Save. Reboot your phone if necessary.
How do I access ubiquiti remotely?
To enable remote access on a software install:
- Log into your local UniFi Network application as usual.
- Navigate to System Settings > Administration.
- Turn the Enable Remote Access feature ON.
- Enter your Ubiquiti account credentials to Remote Access Portal credentials on the login request and select Enable Remote Access.